|A senior Medical/Technical Writer with experience in biotech and high-tech, creating online and hardcopy help, pharmaceutical training materials, and marketing information.
|Adobe FrameMaker, Webworks Publisher, Microsoft (MS) Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Frontpage, Visio Professional, HyperSnap, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMill, Adobe Illustrator, ClarisWorks, PageSpinner, CuteHTML, Arachnophilia, and DreamWeaver MX.
|Windows 2000/NT, Windows 95, Macintosh, Internet, UNIX, VAX, and PLATO.
||HTML, BASIC, and Pascal.
Custom Learning Designs, Inc., is a company that produces custom learning solutions for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Developed a new software manual for a territory management system for sales representatives on time and under budget.
- Developed training pieces from extant training modules.
- Updated and re-referenced existing training modules.
- Used existed training modules to create new, updated, and re-referenced training modules for related pharmaceutical agents.
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a biotech research company devoted to the creation and marketing of pharmacogenomic solutions for human disease.
- Developed, wrote, and maintained user guides and release notes for applications handling molecular pathology LIMS; regulatory drug submission document management; transcriptional profiling LIMS, analysis, and data processing; and DNA/protein sequence analysis.
- Developed, created, and maintained online help for web-based workflow tracking, data management, data analysis, target and reagent tracking, and pharmaceutical competitor surveillance applications.
- Created a document tracking intellectual properties processes supported by the Informatics department.
- Developed and wrote a training guide for a transcriptional profiling analysis application.
- Helped to maintain Webworks Publisher templates for the documentation group.
- Took several management courses.
|Aurora Games, Burlington, Massachusetts/Wellington, New Zealand
Aurora Games is a producer of roleplaying games, particularly the peer-reviewed Aurora: Science Fiction Roleplaying in a World of Real Science!
- Edited or coordinated the editing of the main sourcebooks.
- Created FrameMaker templates for the books.
- Laid out the text and graphics for the books.
|Hoechst-ARIAD Genomics Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts
The HAGC was a joint research center focusing on the development of bioinformatics software for the analysis of gene expression and sequencing data.
- Wrote and designed user training and administrative manuals for a transcriptional profiling analysis application.
- Selected authoring tools according to the needs of the HAGC.
- Researched defect tracking tools for use in the development of transcriptional profiling and sequence analysis tools.
|UNIFI Communications, Inc., Lowell, Massachusetts
UNIFI Communications, Inc., offered a service that allows users to send faxes from their current desktop e-mail system through the internet without the need to buy or use Fax Servers or Fax Modems.
- Established a routine provision of release notes in time for deployment to the Test Lab, Production Lab, and Production systems.
- Wrote over 50 release notes.
- Updated and converted legacy notes to HTML.
- Changed and updated the release notes to be easier to access and use.
- Used RoboHELP and FrontPage to create hard copy, WinHelp, and HTML documentation.
- Performed research for the documentation by reading business requirements, engineering specifications, and by interviewing engineers.
|Transcend Therapeutics, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
Transcend Therapeutics, Inc., developed pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases associated with oxidative stress and resultant tissue damage, with a focus on products for the critical care market.
- Developed a company MS Word template for Clinical Trial Reports according to ICH guidelines.
- Assisted in the preparation of annual reports, INDs, and clinical protocols using MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Performed literature searches and statistical analysis which revealed one possible factor involved in the failure of a clinical trial.
|The Walter E. Yetter Company, Inc., Wilmington, Delaware
The Walter E. Yetter Company, Inc., is the leading agency representing manufacturers to the Hardware and Home Center Industry.
- Wrote product knowledge manuals in ClarisWorks that presented major marketing points for the highest-income product lines represented, targeting an audience of agency personnel, store staff, and consumers.
- Created and maintained illustrated product listings for over 40 product lines, and other promotional materials using ClarisWorks and Adobe Photoshop.
- Updated the agency resume, converting it to a color format using Adobe PageMaker and Adobe Photoshop.
- Acted as the secondary computer technical support for the company.
Desktop Publisher/Program Support
The Virginia Department of Emergency Services Technological Hazards Division coordinates technological hazard response and training throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Redesigned and edited all technological hazard training manuals, converting them from MS Word into Adobe PageMaker.
- Produced slides, overheads, and handouts for all training courses using MS PowerPoint.
M.S. in Human Genetics
Virginia Commonwealth University,
Richmond, VA (5/93)
B.A. in Biological Science, cum laude
University of Delaware,
Newark, DE (5/89)
Publication List | Art Gallery